Dream Office REIT owns well-located, high-quality central business district office properties in major urban centres across Canada, with a focus on downtown Toronto.
Prime properties in downtown Toronto*
5.1 Msq. ft. gross leasable area
$2.7Bin total assets
84.3%portfolio occupancy (including committed)
Have a question for us?
Dream Office REIT
Dream Office REIT is a premier office landlord in downtown Toronto with approximately 3.5 million square feet owned and managed. We have carefully curated an investment portfolio of high-quality assets in irreplaceable locations in one of the finest office markets in the world.
We have been and remain committed to:
- Managing our business to provide cash flows and superior risk-adjusted returns, while managing our assets to maximize value over the longer term;
- Continual improvement in the quality of our portfolio by investing in assets through upgrades, intensification and redevelopment in order for our buildings to be attractive to our tenants and selectively disposing of assets with lower potential for long-term income growth;
- Building and maintaining a strong, flexible and resilient balance sheet; and
- Maintaining a REIT status that satisfies the REIT exception under the SIFT legislation in order to provide certainty to unitholders with respect to taxation of distributions.
Dream Office Management Corp. provides real estate services – including property management and leasing – to properties owned by Dream Office REIT as well as for other property owners. This structure provides us with the opportunity to earn revenue and profits from existing and future third party management contracts. We also believe that real estate is an operating business that requires active management in order to enhance value, increase yield and reduce risk to investors.
Dream Office Management Corp. provides real estate services – including property management and leasing – to properties owned by Dream Office REIT, as well as for other property owners.
Our management team and staff are committed to:
Continually improving the quality of our office communities through efficient property management, value added services for tenants and capital improvements to assets; and providing customer service excellence. Our top priority is providing a physical environment essential to the well-being of our tenants and the success of their business.
Our web-enabled response system provides tenants with the ability to submit and monitor their service requests online.
Whether it’s a light bulb that needs replacing or if the temperature is just not right, simply login and enter your request. Should you have any questions or trouble logging in, please contact us at [email protected]
How To: Dream Plus Guide
Dream Office REIT owns a portfolio of high-quality, well-located and attractively priced business premises. The portfolio comprises central business district and suburban office properties predominantly located in major urban centres across Canada. Please see the Portfolio Summary for a printable overview of the portfolio.
High Concentration in Toronto’s Financial District
212 King St. W
438 University Ave.
80 Richmond St.
20 Toronto St.
30 Adelaide St.
350 Bay St.
67 Richmond St.
6 Adelaide St.
357 Bay St.
720 Bay St.
Financial Reports & Filings
- Financial Reports
- Regulatory Filings
Have a question for us?
Our team is made up of the industry’s smartest, most dedicated, knowledgeable and experienced real estate investment, portfolio management and financial professionals that have a proven track record of creating value.
Dream Office REIT is committed to sound and effective corporate governance. Our goal is to not only meet the requirements established by securities laws and regulators but also to uphold the spirit of “good corporate governance” and we always strive to communicate in an open, honest and transparent manner.
Board of Trustees
Our board of trustees is made up of highly experienced, dedicated and knowledgeable
professionals who each have expertise in all key areas of Dream’s businesses.
Dream Office REIT’s Committees assist in the effective functioning of the Board and help ensure that the views of Independent Trustees* are effectively represented. The Board has established three committees.
A Trustee that is independent within the meaning of NI 58–101. An Independent Trustee is one who is not an employee or executive officer of Dream Office REIT and who is free from any direct or indirect relationship which could, in the view of the Board, be reasonably expected to interfere with independent judgment.
The Audit Committee is responsible for monitoring Dream Office REIT’s systems and procedures for financial reporting and internal controls and the performance of Dream Office REIT’s external auditors. It is responsible for reviewing certain public disclosure documents prior to their approval by the full Board and release to the public including, among others, Dream Office REIT’s quarterly and annual financial statements and management’s discussion and analysis. The Audit Committee is also responsible for recommending to the Board the firm of chartered professional accountants to be nominated for appointment as the external auditor, and for approving the assignment of any non-audit work to be performed by the external auditor. The Audit Committee meets regularly in private session with Dream Office REIT’s external auditors and internal audit function, without management present, to discuss and review specific issues as appropriate.
The full responsibilities of the Audit Committee are set out in a written charter, which is reviewed annually by the Board. The charter is available for review under the Charters and Policies section.
Applicable law and the Declaration of Trust requires the Board to have an Audit Committee consisting of at least three Trustees, each of whom must be independent and “financially literate” within the meaning of NI 52–110.
Governance, Environmental and Nominating Committee
The Governance, Environmental and Nominating Committee, in consultation with the Chair of the Board, is responsible to:
- assess from time to time the size and composition of the Board and its committees;
- review the effectiveness of the Board’s operations and its relations with management;
- assess the performance of the Board, its committees and individual Trustees;
- monitoring and reviewing the environmental state of real property owned by Dream Office LP and other subsidiaries of Dream Office REIT;
- reviewing and assessing environmental risk exposure and management practices of Dream Office REIT;
- developing, recommending, implementing and assessing Dream Office REIT’s approach to environmental, social and governance matters; and
- review Dream Office REIT’s statement of corporate governance practices.
The full responsibilities of the Governance, Environmental and Nominating Committee are set out in a written charter, which is reviewed annually by the Board. The charter is available for review under the Charters and Policies section.
Compensation, Health and Safety Committee
The Compensation, Health and Safety Committee, in consultation with the Chair of the Board, is responsible to:
- review and make recommendations to the Board with respect to the compensation of Trustees and any officers of Dream Office REIT;
- monitoring the applicable laws and regulations in respect of health and safety matters;
- monitoring and reviewing the environmental state of real property owned by Dream Office LP and other subsidiaries of Dream Office REIT; and
- reviewing and assessing environmental risk exposure and management practices of Dream Office REIT.
The full responsibilities of the Compensation, Health and Safety Committee are set out in a written charter, which is reviewed annually by the Board. The charter is available for review under the Charters and Policies section.
Charters, Policies and Declaration of Trust
Dream Office REIT is committed to sound and effective corporate governance. Our goal is to not only meet the requirements established by securities laws and regulators but to also uphold the spirit of ‘good corporate governance’.
News & Events
- Press Releases